Jumuiya Women Fund (JWF) is an ambitious women’s rights organization which leverages its philanthropic and capacity building strategies to delivery impactful outcomes for women and girls. The Organization is committed to increasing strategic empowerment of women and girls for improved gender equality and sustainable socio-economic development. Our groundbreaking work in local philanthropy empowers local women organizations and social enterprises to close the gender inequality gap across healthcare, business enterprises, and social organizations. The organization has received support from the Equality Fund and now seeks to recruit an Associate Programs and Partnership Officer. You will be responsible for designing and implementing the monitoring, evaluation and learning systems and activities; assisting in preparing the Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual and Annual reports on projects progress and will monitor the projects activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining effective Monitoring Information System (MIS), and will be lead collection and analysis of different data in relation to the ongoing projects activities. You will report primarily to the Senior Programs and Partnership Officer and secondarily to the Chief Executive Officer. .
Here is what you will be doing...
1. Contribute to organizational learning through the design of procedures, processes, and systems to encourage and facilitate more effective sharing of program results, approaches, feedback from development and grantee partners, and lessons learned throughout the organization, using this insight to contribute to the field and shape future programs;
2. Strengthen monitoring, evaluation, feedback, and learning practices across the organization through training, workshops, webinars, etc.; create data infrastructure required for ongoing monitoring, evaluation, feedback, and learning to strengthen strategy and implementation; and implement and enhance a monitoring, evaluation, and feedback framework in order to aggregate and communicate program results;
3. Collaborate with Management to synthesize, analyze, and share best practices and ideas from our grassroots partners’ work; increase organization’s standing in philanthropic community and our credibility with public and private donors by improving our ability to collect and document results and program impact; contribute to relevant sections of funding proposals to ensure alignment between partner capabilities and project requirements to articulate outputs, outcomes, and impact; and guide and inform periodic reviews and evaluations of particular grant-making initiatives through contributing to terms of reference, selection, and engagement with grantees and dissemination of findings;
4. Collaborate with Senior Programs and Partnerships Officer and Senior Finance and Grants Officer to identify and adapt approaches, tools, and resources to better equip grantee partners to demonstrate program outcomes and impact; provide technical assistance to grantee partners on all aspects of data collection, analysis and reporting on change stories and program impacts; keep abreast of developments in the field to ensure JWF employs the best evaluation and organizational learning strategies; and support and mentor partner grantee staff as applicable and perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the SPPO, SFGO or the CEO from time to time.
The ideal candidate is...
1. possessing social sciences related university degree. Post Graduate Diploma in M&E or a relevant master’s degree is an added advantage;
2. proficient with the use of data analysis and reporting software and tools, such as SPSS, and already excelled for at least 3years at a nonprofit organization or a consulting firm or similar busy environment;
3. charismatic extrovert, and able to read people quickly and knows how to treat people accordingly, with a balanced mix of self-confidence and humility;
4. exceptionally detail-oriented and has a memory like a steel trap—nothing falls through the cracks; razor sharp analytically, aced the statistical section of their degree course, and easily excels at analyzing and solving complex problems;
If you believe in your suitability for this role...;
Please send in your Application Letter, an updated Resume and soft copies of your academic certificates no later than close of business of Friday, 11th February 2022, addressed to the JWF Chief Executive Officer, and submitted via email email@example.com.
JWF is a feminist organization and qualified women and girls are highly encouraged to apply. JWF is a smoking-and-drug free environment, and equal opportunity employer. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.