Jumuiya Women Fund (JWF) is an ambitious women’s rights organization which leverages its philanthropic and capacity building strategies to delivery impactful outcomes for women and girls. The Organization is committed to increasing strategic empowerment of women and girls for improved gender equality and sustainable socio-economic development. Our groundbreaking work in local philanthropy empowers local women organizations and social enterprises to close the gender inequality gap across healthcare, business enterprises, and social organizations.
The organization seeks to recruit a finance and administrative assistant to bring some operating order to the mayhem of our organization’s rapid growth. You will touch everything at the organization, from accounting, financial planning, office operations, to donor and grantee relations. You will report primarily to the Senior Finance and Grants Officer and secondarily to the Chief Executive Officer.
Here’s a summary of what you will be doing in the first 90 days, before your job could evolve into a whole new set of responsibilities:
1. Initiate payments and post entries; prepare accounts; keep account books and systems up to date; monitor spending and budgets; compile and prepare financial and budget reports; conduct balance sheet and bank accounts’ reconciliation; analyze financial performance; manage financial information; advise and help grantees and their staff on financial accounting matters.
2. Ensure timely processing of employee pay slips and distribution to all employees; and timely processing of all statutory requirements across the JWF as required; and be in charge of petty cash expenditure; including data-entry and management of cash-books and bank-books;
3. Build our financial and accounting structures and processes, take over QuickBooks, and get that statement of financial position rocking; manage our working capital effectively and figure out when we should pay our operating bills; and track our actual income and expenses against your own projection—you will be building and running our financial accounting model.
The ideal candidate is...
1. possessing business related university degree (finance and/or accounting major), and at least CPA level II;
2. proficient with computerized accounting software such as QuickBooks, and already excelled for at least 2 years at a nonprofit organization or an audit firm or similar busy environment;
3. charismatic and able to read people quickly and knows how to treat people accordingly, with a balanced mix of self-confidence and humility;
4. exceptionally detail-oriented and has a memory like a steel trap—nothing falls through the cracks; razor sharp analytically, aced the math section of their CPA, and easily excels at analyzing and solving problems;
5. a perfectionist and keeps things in order with ease so our financials won’t suffer adverse opinion.
If you believe in your suitability for this role…
Please send in your Application Letter, an updated Resume and soft copies of your academic certificates no later than close of business of Friday, 21st January 2022, addressed to the JWF Chief Executive Officer, via email email@example.com.
JWF is a feminist organization and qualified women and girls are highly encouraged to apply. JWF is a smoking-and-drug free environment, and equal opportunity employer. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.